Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices are a great choice for breakfast or lunch whenever you want something quick, satisfying and delicious. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices. One of the best breakfast or lunch.
Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. The classic lunch of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich gets an upgrade with roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs in the soup, and a warm grilled sandwich with two kinds of cheese. Roasted tomatoes and herbs impart a great aroma to this sandwich. You can have Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches
- You need 9 of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of black ground pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need leaves of fresh basil.
- You need of room temperature butter.
Tomato cheese sandwich recipe – Quick and simple sandwich recipe made with pan roasted tomatoes and cheese. This is almost the same as the simple cheese. The best grilled cheese and tomato sandwich is made with two semi-soft cheeses that are a little bit stickier than mozzarella or American cheese: sharp cheddar and Gruyère. Their flavors complement the tomato without overpowering it.
Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches instructions
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.Serve immediately.
Grating the cheeses for a grilled cheese leads to faster, more even. Messy grilled cheese sandwiches are amazing. The roasted tomato spread can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to used. Also, any type of bread works and while I would have normally used wheat, I had a delicious loaf of sourdough waiting to be used. This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella.