Coconut shrimp curry *SKINNY*. Here's another shrimp dish with the sweetness of coconut milk which compliments the spiciness of the red curry paste in this simple dish. Serve this over jasmine rice for a complete meal. If you've never used fish sauce before, don't let the smell fool you.
Get ready to fill up on this whole grain goodness. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. For years, I only enjoyed Thai curries when I ordered them from my neighborhood takeout spot. You can have Coconut shrimp curry *SKINNY* using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut shrimp curry *SKINNY*
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of shrimp.
- It’s 1 can of lite coconut milk.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbls of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of minced ginger.
- You need of salt pepper.
After finally making one myself, I quickly realized how easy they can be — especially because good Thai curry paste is easy to find in. I have a recipe for Shrimp Stir-Fry with Coconut Curry Sauce that is divine and marries the two flavors but is more of a, well, stir-fry, as the name implies, versus this new curry recipe that. Made it without the shrimp and over rice. substituted coconut milk for milk i heated in a pan and spiced with nutmeg. Our one-pot coconut curry shrimp will bring flair and style to a dinner menu gone stale.
Coconut shrimp curry *SKINNY* instructions
- Marinade shrimp in lemon juice, pepper, salt, paprika. Let it sit in fridge for 15 minutes..
- While shrimp is marinading,Saute chopped onion in oil for a couple minutes till translucent. About 3-5 min..
- Add spices.. ginger, garlic, tumeric, curry, salt. Stir, Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add canned tomato with juice. Cook about a minute.
- Add coconut milk. Bring to boil and simmer for about 5minutes..
- Add shrimp. Dump the entire bag in the pan. Cook about 5 minutes or until pink.
- Plate on a bed of rice and top with cilantro. Enjoy.
The leftovers make lunch something to look forward to instead of something to dread. This recipe is also great for parties – it will impress your guests with its unforgettable zing. So what are you waiting for? Coconut Curry ShrimpOne of my favorite curry dishes. Takes almost no time to make!