Dutch baby. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
It feels like a party trick, but for the breakfast crowd. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. You can have Dutch baby using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch baby
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh fruit I used blueberries.
Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. The best Dutch Baby pancake recipe made in a cast-iron skillet. Serve it sweet or savory for breakfast or brunch. The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy.
Dutch baby step by step
- Reheat oven for 425 f.
- Over medium heat put 4 tablespoon of butter in skillet to melt and get hot.
- Mix all ingredients using mixer to have a fluffy batter with air bubbles.
- Pour it in the hot skillet add the fruit and move it to the hot oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkled with powdered sugar and serve hot.
Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing. This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu. Just mix together the batter, pour it all into one pan, and bake! A Dutch Baby is simply another name for a German pancake. But neither of those names really do this skillet pancake justice.