Chinese celery w/ Tofu. Put a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add celery and blanch for about a minute; drain in colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Layer celery and tofu on serving plates, drizzle with chili oil and sprinkle with salt.
Great recipe for Chinese celery w/ Tofu. She will usually eat a quick stir fry instead. Made by Grandma Nelia and her sidekick Grandpa Jo! You can cook Chinese celery w/ Tofu using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese celery w/ Tofu
- Prepare .5 lb of pork butt; cut into.5” chunks.
- You need 1/4 c of shrimp.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 stalks of Chinese celery; stalks cut into 1” pieces, leaves set aside.
- Prepare of Tofu; lightly fried.
- It’s .5 of onion, cut into chunks.
- You need 2 of Roma tomatoes; cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic; chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black bean sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/4 c of chicken broth.
It goes well with rice and the sauce that I included at the end. I like to serve this family style with a few other dishes! Tofu with Pork & Chinese Celery Hard tofu Pork Liempo Chinese Celery Salt and Pepper Sugar Fish Sauce Water FOR FULL PROCEDURE PLEASE WATCH MY VIDEO Background music credited to Music: Dear Autumn. This video shows how to stir-fry Chinese celery and tofu.
Chinese celery w/ Tofu step by step
- Coat the pork with soy sauce and cornstarch. Sauté in a pan with 3tbsp oil until cooked through..
- Separate the Chinese celery stalks from the leaves..
- Sauté your onion for a minute then add your garlic. Then the tomatoes..
- Grandma added this salted soy bean paste in. You can sub with black bean sauce; I think they’re the same. Add in your shrimp and the oyster sauce..
- Continue to sauté until the tomatoes are soft. Then stir in the celery stalks..
- Last but not least, the celery leaves. Add the chicken broth as needed to keep the moisture. Turn off the heat and set aside..
- Here’s grandpa frying up the tofu..
- And you’re done! Enjoy!.
For the entire post, go to howardcountycook.com. To make oil free: Cook the garlic, ginger and chili in a tbsp or so broth until golden and proceed. Skip the first step and add pressed and cubed tofu directly at the last step. Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the rest of the vegetables and a pinch of sugar.