Fry Bread. I usually make my bread without a recipe, because I have made it for since I was a small child, this is the closest recipe that I have found, I will just adapt it to the way I make it, if i am making fry bread for Indian Tacos i do not use sugar, if I am just making it to make to have with butter and jam I use sugar, and sometimes yeast to make. Fry bread is a traditional American Indian quick bread that can be served sweet or savory. Try it drizzled with honey and served alongside stew or braised beef.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Put flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well, add warm water and stir until dough begins to ball up. You can cook Fry Bread using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fry Bread
- You need 4 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 4 cups of oil.
On a lightly floured surface knead dough. Indian Fry Bread Delicious fried quick bread. Drizzle on honey, sprinkle on cinnamon sugar, or top them with ground beef, lettuce, and tomatoes to make Indian Tacos. Authentic Indian Fry Bread is a beloved tradition in the Western United States.
Fry Bread instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Stir in warm water.
- Knead dough until soft but not sticky.
- Let dough sit for at least 5 min.
- Heat up oil in either a pan or deep fryer. For deep fryer I heat too 350°.
- Form dough into small balls, flatten and stretch dough by hand. Tear hole in center to aid in complete cooking..
- Fry only a few at a time. Fry until crispy and golden on both sides..
Serve it up savory as Navajo Tacos or go the sweet side and serve it up with a little honey butter and powdered sugar. Pre-sliced bread is usually too thin and too flavorless to make good French toast, sometimes called eggy bread or French-fried bread. Made with simple ingredients, frybread can be eaten alone or with various toppings such as honey, jam, powdered sugar, venison, or beef. Frybread can also be made into tacos, like Navajo tacos Fry bread is a Native American bread, and there are many versions, depending on the region and the tribe. It may be made with yeast and cornmeal, while some recipes add shortening, lard, or another fat, or include an egg.