Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt. Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add buttermilk, maple syrup and egg and mix briefly until dough comes together.
Maple helps transform simple ingredients in these recipes that you'll love to reuse. One-Bowl Maple Glazed Buttermilk Doughnuts ~ the best invention since sliced bread! These super easy baked doughnuts are so much healthier than traditional deep fried, too, so go ahead, indulge! You can cook Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt
- You need of INGREDIENTS for 8 Hot Biscuits.
- Prepare 100 g of Flour.
- It’s 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 25 g of Sugar.
- You need 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- You need 50 g of Milk.
- You need 50 g of Yogurt.
A maple glazed buttermilk doughnut on an early fall morning is a wonderful thing. No, I don't suggest you make fried scones your daily breakfast routine, but every once in a while you've gotta live a little and fried scones for breakfast is living. These are golden, soft and puffy-fluffy pillows of joy that will make you cry they're so. In another bowl, beat together cream and egg; slowly pour into dry ingredients, mixing with rubber scraper until dough forms.
Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Cooking Time / 20 min.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 170C..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and yogurt into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scooper or spoon and add to the hot vegetable oil. Fry until the dough is nicely browned..
- Place the scones on a kitchen towel for few minutes to drain the oil..
- Serve with yogurt and maple syrup. Enjoy!.
The world will never be ready for such glory. Is it me, or is this, like, the most philosophical foodie blog post ever written? I love incorporating it into my healthy baking recipes! Greek yogurt adds the same moisture as extra butter to these scones, and it gives them a protein boost, too! You'll skip the refined granulated sugar and sweeten your scones with pure maple syrup (like this!) instead.