Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole.
You can cook Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Prepare of Chicken and sear.
- Prepare 2 pounds of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper divided.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of peanut oil.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 pound of broccoli florets.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes russet.
- Prepare 1 pound of baby carrots.
- Prepare 15 ounces of sweet English peas.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Liquids and gravy.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- You need 28 ounces of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground white pepper powder.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 3 ounces of finely shredded alpine cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole instructions
- Cube the chicken, season with salt and white pepper. Add the flour to a ziploc bag and then add the chicken. Seal the bag and shake it up till all the chicken is coated..
- Heat the oil in an oven safe dish. I used a Dutch oven. Sear the chicken and set the chicken aside when seared..
- When all the chicken is seared, add the vegetables except for the peas. Sear the vegetables stirring often. After 12-15 minutes add the flour..
- Stir it in cooking for 10 minutes. Add the milk and broth. Stirring constantly. Add the chicken and peas, then turn down low heat, for 15 minutes. Preheat oven 375°Fahrenheit..
- Cover and put into the oven for an hour. It may have oils on top, if so skim off the top. Add the softened butter and mix the breadcrumbs, set aside. Add 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs to top..
- Take the cheese and grate it..
- Add the cheese on top then the buttered breadcrumbs on top..
- Put into the oven, uncovered, or under the broiler. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.