Potato Wedges or JoJo Potatoes. Jojo potatoes are simply potato wedges coated in a seasoned flour and then deep-fried. They are crisp on the outside and soft and creamy, in the center. Call them potato wedges or jo jo potatoes, these fluffy seasoned potatoes are a favorite around here.
Jojo potato wedges are potatoes that are battered just like chicken fried steak, and oh so irresistible. I don't know about you, but I find these Jojo potato wedges so hard to resist. The potatoes are perfectly crisp on the outside, and tender and moist on the inside. You can cook Potato Wedges or JoJo Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Wedges or JoJo Potatoes
- It’s of Russet potatoes.
- Prepare of Self rising flour or All purpose works fine also.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Onion powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare To taste of Paprika.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
The History of the American Jojo, Which is Definitely Not a Potato Wedge The jojo is intertwined with a technological wonder of the modern age. Dredge wet potatoes in flour mixture and allow the potatoes wedges to sit for a few minutes before frying. Drain jo jo potato wedges on paper towels. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Potato Wedges or JoJo Potatoes instructions
- Wash desired amounts of potatoes. I usually use 5 or 6 large ones, this makes quite a few..
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place flat side down on surface and still cutting lengthwise, cut 4 to 5 slices in each half. You can make thick or thin slices depending on your taste. Mine are usually medium thickness..
- After you have sliced all the potatoes to desired thickness and wedges, soak in cold water while preparing flour mixture and heating oil..
- In large bowl, mix flour and seasonings together. Use your own judgement on how much to add. I like more salt and pepper ratio and less garlic. But you can add really any seasoning you like..
- Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan with enough oil to fry potatoes like deep frying. Do not over crowd. I cook mine at 350 degrees or like you would French fries..
- Toss potatoes wedges in flour mixture until evenly coated. Shake off excess flour and drop carefully into hot oil in small batches. They need room to move around plus if over crowded it drops temp of oil..
- Cook in batches until golden brown and they float. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with additional seasonings you like if you prefer..
- Serve hot with dipping sauces or as a side. I hope you enjoy these :).
Potato wedges are coated with egg and a savory spice mixture, and deep fried. Serve with ranch style dressing or sour cream, if desired. Potato wedges are wedges of potatoes, often large and unpeeled, that are either baked or fried. They are sold at diners and fast food restaurants. This Easy Potato Wedges Recipe is SO tasty… each bite is loaded with savory, fun flavors!