Korean-style Tempeh Salad (Vegan/Vegetarian). Great recipe for Korean-style Tempeh Salad (Vegan/Vegetarian). Looking for an unique, vegan, Asian style Tempeh recipe? This is the one for you!
This is the one for you! Even if you are not vegan or vegetarian, you'll love this recipe. Perfect for side dish, salad, or even in sandwiches! You can cook Korean-style Tempeh Salad (Vegan/Vegetarian) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean-style Tempeh Salad (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- It’s 250 grams of Tempeh (1 package).
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrot (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of asparagus (chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onion (chopped).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of tofu (optional).
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Veganaise or mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red chilli powder or paprika to add spiciness (optional).
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need 1 of sesame seed.
- You need 1 of parsley flakes.
Here, tempeh is transformed into a healthy vegetarian and vegan version of a Chinese restaurant favorite – sweet and sour tempeh. Tempeh simmers with pineapples and peppers in an easy homemade sauce of tangy vinegar and sugar. This is a great recipe to explore the versatility of tempeh as a substitute for meat in any number of dishes. A vegetarian "chicken" salad recipe made with tempeh as a vegetarian and vegan chicken substitute.
Korean-style Tempeh Salad (Vegan/Vegetarian) step by step
- Dice Tempeh into small cubes..
- Add Tempeh cubes, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chilli powder (optional) into a bowl..
- Chop tofu and add it into the bowl (optional)..
- Mix well so that Tempeh and tofu (optional) can absorb the sauce..
- Stir fry onion, carrot, asparagus, minced garlic together..
- Add cooked vegetables into the bowl and mix with Tempeh..
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and Veganaise (or mayonnaise)..
- Add raw green onion (chopped)..
- Mix well..
- Add salt and pepper..
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and parsley flakes for garnish (optional)..
Make it vegan by using an egg-free and dairy-free vegan mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise; all of the other ingredients are completely vegan. To turn this tempeh salad into a simple curried tempeh chicken salad, add in a handful of raisins and slivered almonds and increase. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar in large bowl. Whether you're vegan, vegetarian, or just trying to eat more plants, you'll find hundreds of delicious and doable recipes on the Grateful Grazer food blog. Created by registered dietitian nutritionist and professional recipe developer, Stephanie McKercher, MS, RDN.