Escabeche (Sweet & Sour Fish). Try this easy recipe for a colorful, tangy-sweet Filipino Escabeche or Sweet and Sour Fish and bring your plain fried fish to the next level of goodness. This is my old time favorite recipe. Www.filipino-recipes-lutong-pinoy.com – get more free recipes from our website!
To serve, let vegetables come to room temperature, and remove from brine using a slotted spoon. Fish Escabeche is a type of sweet and sour fish recipe. There are many version of Escabeche around. You can cook Escabeche (Sweet & Sour Fish) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Escabeche (Sweet & Sour Fish)
- It’s 2-3 of lbs. red snapper or any large whole fish.
- You need 4 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar or 1/2 cup white vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of large chopped onion.
- You need 6 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ginger, julienned.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrot, julienned.
- You need 1/2 cup of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of scallion, julienned (spring onions).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sifted flour.
This version that we have here is probably the most simple of all. Escabeche. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Spanish escabeche evolved from a sweet and sour Persian dish that the Moors brought to Spain. In the meantime, you'll have to settle for the second best way, which is this eggplant escabeche.
Escabeche (Sweet & Sour Fish) instructions
- Clean the fish and slit open and let it stand for few minutes and drain well then sprinkle with salt all over the fish.
- Take a large skillet and heat up oil and fry fish until brown then remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan saute garlic and onion until light brown.
- Add ginger, scallions, carrot, and red pepper and add in garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Add soy sauce, apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), water and brown sugar. Sprinkle salt and pepper for taste as needed (optional).
- When the mixture boils, add flour to thicken.
- Add fish cover the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to serving plate and serve hoti.
Escabeche- Sweet & Sour Fish – Free download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free. Fish lover who are amateur in cooking. This will guide you in easiest way! Fish escabeche is actually sweet and sour fish. This recipe is obviously an Asian since it is fish escabeche Macao style.