Italian stuffed mushrooms. Looking for an appetizer that's sure to please a crowd? These mushrooms, stuffed with chopped green onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning make a delicious (and easy!) bite of Italian-inspired flavors that compliment any party. The best part of this appetizer?
Filled with the most delicious filling with wine, cheese, Italian sausage, herbs and more! You all know I love mushrooms… ummm, like a LOT. One of my favorite ways to eat a mushroom, is stuffed! You can cook Italian stuffed mushrooms using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed mushrooms
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, minced.
- It’s 18-24 of mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 2 of garlic minced.
- You need of diced up mushroom stems.
- You need of parsley.
- You need 6 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add the cooked mushroom stems and onion and mix together well. Stuff the mushrooms with the filling and place in an oiled baking pan. Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil.
Italian stuffed mushrooms step by step
- Pre heat 350. Cook sausage to crumble. set aside on a paper towel when done. While thats cooking. Hallow out your mushrooms. Save some of the stems and dice them to add to your onion mix..
- In same pan, cook the mushroom stems,onions and garlic together..
- In a bowl, mix parmesan cheese and cream cheese..
- Add meat and onion mixture to the bowl. Mix.
- Fill mushrooms to your liking. Top with extra parmesan. Bake 25 minutes ish. Top with parsley after cooked. Enjoy.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. These Italian Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms are simple, fresh, and bursting with yummy, savory flavor from fresh herbs, shallots, garlic, and parmesan cheese. They're easy to assemble ahead of time and great as a vegetarian dinner paired with a salad and crusty bread, or served as a party appetizer. Brush off any dirt from mushrooms, remove and finely chop stems and put caps aside. An easy and elegant party snack that can be assembled ahead of time!