Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare 180 grams of sorghum flour.
- You need 65 grams of arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Prepare 125 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 112 grams of sunflower spread/butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of or as required milk of choice, I use rice milk.
- Prepare 1 of green sugar or sugar strands for decoration.
- Prepare 1 of shamrock cookie cutter small enough to fit inside a circle cookie cutter.
Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla and butter and rub in with your fingertips until it forms crumbs (you could add green food colouring at this point if you wish but don't make it too dark!).
- Start to knead and form the dough, adding milk if required but don't make the dough wet.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll the dough out to around 5mm thick.
- Cut circles with a round cutter that's big enough to fit the shamrock cutter inside. I used a 3 inch circle with a 1.5 inch shamrock.
- Keep re-rolling the dough and cut as many cookies out as you can.
- Put the cookies on the baking sheet and one by one place the shamrock cutter in the centre of each to use as a shape guide. Pour some green coloured sugar inside then slowly lift it away.
- Be careful not to knock the sugar pattern off when putting the tray in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet then when cooled knock off the excess sugar.
- You can get around 22 x 3 inch cookies from the dough or……
- Mix the leftover dough with sprinkles and make shamrock shaped cookies.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.