Vegan coconut lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to. Nourishing vegan coconut tomato lentil soup simmered with delicious, warming spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric.
The coconut milk makes the soup creamy and the diced tomatoes give it a bright orange color, however, they're completely optional. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Other ways to eat the red lentil soup. You can cook Vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan coconut lentil soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You need 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
I LOVE the leftovers of the red lentil soup. The soup will thicken the next day. I reheated leftover soup and poured it over cooked bulgur like a sauce. The bulgur tasted amazing with a side of baked salmon.
Vegan coconut lentil soup step by step
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
You can swap the salmon for any protein you prefer, such as tofu, chickpeas, or chicken. Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. This vegan red lentil soup with coconut milk is perfect for colder fall days. The recipe is super easy and it's packed with protein and vitamins. And it's sooo creamy and delicious!.