Camaron Rebosado. Camaron Rebosado (translated in English as Overflowed Shrimp) is an easy seafood dish that makes use of shrimps as the primary component. Shelled shrimps are marinated in lemon juice and dipped in a batter before deep frying. This style of cooking shrimp nearly resembles the Japanese tempura and shrimp croquettes; however, some ingredients and preparation steps vary.
Second, for decades I was allergic to crustaceans. When I finally started to overcome my allergy little by little, my younger daughter, Alex, became allergic to shrimps. Camaron rebosado is similar to Japanese tempura, although tempura uses a lighter batter that is chilled before frying. You can have Camaron Rebosado using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Camaron Rebosado
- Prepare 2 lb of headless large shrimp, peeled.
- You need 2 pcs of lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 3 pieces of raw eggs, beaten.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh milk or half and half.
- It’s 1 cup of cooking oil.
Camaron rebosado con jamon (also spelled camaron rebosado con hamon) is a variation of the dish that includes ham wrapped around the shrimp in its preparation. Camaron Rebosado is a Filipino dish of deep fried battered prawns. The prawns are first marinated in salt and lemon juice, dipped in batter and then fried. Camaron Rebosado also known as the Filipino tempura is crispy breaded shrimp.
Camaron Rebosado step by step
- Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, lemon pepper and garlic salt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs and milk stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Heat cooking oil in large pan.
- When oil is hot enough, dip a piece of shrimp in the batter (leave the tail uncovered) then deep fry until the color of the other part turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan or fryer then place in a plate with paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with sweet & sour sauce. Share and enjoy..
Shrimp is peeled, deveined, dip in batter and panko, then deep fried until golden and crispy. This Camaron Rebosado recipe is quick and easy to prepare but you have to get the right batter consistency for crispy coating. The Camaron Rebosado Recipe is a deep-fried battered shrimp dish in the Philippines. It is a Filipino style dish with a Chinese influence but has a Spanish name. It is a crispy batter coated shrimps that are similar to Japanese Tempura, although tempura uses a lighter batter.