Breakfast Eggrolls with Pepper Gravy. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. A simple breakfast egg rolls recipe! Scrambled eggs and cheese breakfast egg rolls with sausage gravy makes a perfect grab and go breakfast with a twist.. with diced tomato, green pepper, onions, eggs, cheese?
See great recipes for Cheesy hash brown skillet with sunny side up eggs and sausage gravy too! And they're staple ingredients… butter, flour, and milk. You really can't go wrong with this classic combination of eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage and gravy. You can have Breakfast Eggrolls with Pepper Gravy using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Eggrolls with Pepper Gravy
- Prepare 12 of egg roll wrappers.
- It’s 4 of eggs + 1 for egg wash to seal.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of refrigerated shredded hashbrowns.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of bulk breakfast sausage (any flavor you like).
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion – finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of medium green bell pepper – finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used triple cheddar).
- You need 1 of jalapeño – seeded and minced (optional).
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of ~For Pepper Gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of onion powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
These egg rolls are basically mini breakfast burritos that are the perfect dip-able size to plunge straight into this amazing sausage gravy; giving you the perfect all inclusive breakfast smorgasbord in one bite. Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. Western Omelet Quiche ~ eggs, cheese, peppers, green onion and ham all baked together with a luscious creamy custard in deep dish pie shell!. Breakfast Egg Rolls Breakfast Egg Rolls are the ultimate breakfast!
Breakfast Eggrolls with Pepper Gravy instructions
- Do a little pre-prep. Chop your veggies. Set aside. Beat 4 eggs together with 1/4 cup milk and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs oil and 1 tbs butter. When butter melts add hashbrowns. Cook until browned and crispy. While cooking use edge of spatula to break shreds into smaller pieces. When done transfer to a large bowl. Set aside..
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sausage. Begin cooking and breaking up to a fine crumble. Just as sausage begins to brown add bell pepper and onion. Continue cooking until sausage is fully cooked and veggies are tender. Drain on paper towel lined plate then transfer to bowl with hashbrowns..
- Add beaten egg to skillet. Cook until just set, stirring constantly to scramble. Break up into small pieces with edge of spatula, then transfer to bowl with rest of mix. Stir gently to combine. Let cool 10-15 minutes then stir in shredded cheese..
- Assemble eggrolls (this process takes some explaining): beat last egg in a small bowl. Lay one eggroll wrapper out on a flat surface with one corner facing you. Add about 2-3 tbs filling to bottom third of wrapper (I just eyeballed the filling). Brush 2 top edges with eggwash (about 1/4 inch wide)..
- Roll up tightly by first folding bottom corner up over filling, then fold over left and right corners toward center. Continue rolling toward last edge. Gently press to seal. Transfer to a platter, sealed edge down. Repeat steps 5 & 6 with remaining wrappers and filling..
- While assembling eggrolls have your deep fryer or a large heavy-bottomed pot of oil heating to 350°F (do not fill either more than half way with oil)..
- Fry eggrolls in batches until crisp and golden, about 4-5 minutes. When done transfer to paper towel lined plate. Let rest while you make the pepper gravy..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Wisk in flour, cook about 1 minute. Wisk in flour and cook, wisking constantly, until thickened. Add pepper and onion powder. Salt to taste. Serve as dipping sauce with your eggrolls. Enjoy!.
Filled with scrambled eggs, hash browns bacon and cheese! Scrambled eggs and cheese breakfast egg rolls with sausage gravy dip makes a perfect grab and go breakfast with a twist. In a large skillet, brown sausage. Add flour to the skillet and brown a little in the sausage fat. Slowly add in the milk, stirring continuously, while it thickens.