Homemade Donuts. Check Out Recipe For Donuts On eBay. Grease a large bowl with cooking spray and set aside. In a small, microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup, add milk.
On National Doughnut Day, a food holiday of the utmost importance, we want everyone to embrace the joy of this pastry and make as many doughnuts at home, from scratch, as possible. These donuts will taste as good as the ones you'd find at a bakery. Get ready to be a donut pro! You can have Homemade Donuts using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Donuts
- Prepare of Starter Dough :.
- It’s 425 grams of bread flour.
- Prepare 325 ml of warm milk (about 110°F).
- It’s 60 grams of sugar.
- You need 15 gram of active dry yeast.
- Prepare of Main Dough :.
- Prepare 100 grams of bread flour.
- It’s 30 gram of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 10 gram of salt.
- It’s 60 grams of shortening.
How Do You Make Homemade Donuts? My donut recipe is super simplified as it requires no yeast, is made entirely by hand, and shallow fried as opposed to deep fried. I know it may sound too good to be true but this recipe is absolutely foolproof. Homemade Glazed Donuts recipe makes light and fluffy donuts that are truly the best donuts I've ever eaten.
Homemade Donuts instructions
- Mix sugar and milk. Stir. Sprinkle the yeast over and let stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy. Add in the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combine..
- Cover the dough and let it to prove for 1 hour at room temperature..
- Place the starter dough into a heavy duty mixer bowl with the main dough ingredients except shortening. Knead with dough hook attachment until well combine. Add in shortening and continue knead till form smooth and elastic dough..
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it and let it to prove for 1 hour or until double in size..
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured donut cutter. Put the donuts on a floured baking sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel/cling wrap, and let rise in a warm place until they are slightly puffed up, about 30 minutes..
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet to 350°F. Slide donuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula. Turn donuts over as they rise to the surface. Fry donuts on each side until golden brown. Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack..
- Glaze as you like. My 5 year old son cut the dough and dipped the donuts into the chocolate glaze and added his favorite stuff, sprinkles!!.
If you are new to donut making, this is the perfect donut recipe. Keep reading for an easy step-by-step tutorial with photos! Homemade doughnuts are a bit of a project, but they're less work than you might think, and the result is a truly great, hot, crisp doughnut Once you've mastered this basic recipe for a fluffy, yeasted doughnut, you can do pretty much anything you like in terms of glazes, toppings and fillings. This next recipe is an ALL-TIME family favorite. Whenever it gets cold or rainy, one of us kids is bound to text or call my mom and kindly ask if she's up for making some Homemade Donuts.