Simple Milk Steamed Bread (Chinese style). Chinese sweet potato buns — to add some excellent purple color. Stir in the remaining water/ milk, flour, salt, sugar, pepper (if using) and oil. Milk bread is the basic bread that we use for many of our Chinese Bakery recipes.
Here's our list of Chinese Bakery recipes! Fluffy Japanese Milk Bread Recipe ( ふわふわミルクパン ) makes for the SOFTEST dinner rolls ever!. Fluffy Japanese Milk Bread Recipe ( The SOFTEST Dinner Rolls Recipe ) ふわふわ. mantou is Chinese steamed bun. You can have Simple Milk Steamed Bread (Chinese style) using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Milk Steamed Bread (Chinese style)
- It’s 300 g of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 160 ml of Fresh milk.
- You need 35 g of White sugar.
- It’s 3 g of Yeast powder.
The taste is pretty plain like white bread very soft and fluffy. you can eat with soup, butter or any kind of spread. Best while is eaten fresh. steamed meat bun also. Combine the plain flour and yeast-water mixture and knead very well into a soft dough using warm milk. Combine the water, sugar and yeast.
Simple Milk Steamed Bread (Chinese style) instructions
- Stir in all-purpose flour, sugar and instant yeast..
- Warm the milk first(Just warm, don't be cold), pour the milk into the flour in batches and mix well..
- After kneading it into a smooth, round, non-stick hand, place the container and cover with plastic wrap for about 20 minutes to increase the time. (When the weather is cold, 40 minutes to 60 minutes is recommended).
- After the dough is taken out and flattened, use a club to flatten it (squeeze out the air), fold it into three folds (spray the flour lightly), flatten it again and squeeze out the air..
- After finishing the dough, apply clean water on top of the dough (to make the dough stick), then slowly roll the dough into a cylindrical shape (be careful not to let the air in, it needs to be tight), and finally cut into the required number of portions..
- Place the sliced raw buns in a container and ferment them. The time depends on how the raw buns are fermented. When the raw buns become lighter in weight, they can be steamed (about 40 minutes on hot days; 30 minutes on cold days may be added; Depends on the actual fermentation of raw steamed buns).
- After preheating the electric pot, put the raw buns and cook for about 12-15 minutes (you can cover a cloth to prevent water vapor dripping over the buns). After steaming, let it stand for about 3-5 minutes, not too fast Open the lid to prevent the steamed buns from wrinkling and wrinkling immediately after contact with cold air..
In a large bowl, combine the liquid and the flour. Stir with chopsticks to combine, then use clean hands to form the dough into a ball. The most lovely part of this buns is so light, sweet, fluffy and just makes you a big smile when you bite into it. It is great substitute for rice, noodles or regular bread. Chinese Steamed Buns Mantou 饅頭 By Ellen L.