Broccoli & Asparagus Soup. Handy Pantry Brand – Non-GMO – Organic – Huge Selection – Low Prices – Free S&H Whether served alone or paired with chicken in a stir-fry, broccoli is a veggie that's sure to please. Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family (family Brassicaceae, genus Brassica) whose large flowering head and stalk is eaten as a vegetable. The word broccoli comes from the Italian plural of broccolo, which means "the flowering crest of a cabbage", and is the diminutive form of brocco, meaning "small nail" or "sprout".
We've got hundreds of top-rated recipes.. Broccoli Coleslaw, Broccoli Beef I, Broccoli and Stilton Soup, Roasted Sage Broccoli, Easy Lemon and Garlic Broccoli Broccoli is a green vegetable that vaguely resembles a miniature tree. It belongs to the plant species known as Brassica oleracea. You can have Broccoli & Asparagus Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli & Asparagus Soup
- It’s 1/3 of rd a head of broccoli florets,.
- It’s of The large stalk from a head of broccoli,.
- You need 230 ml of boiled water (filtered if possible),.
- Prepare 10 of spears of asparagus, very ends trimmed off,.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk or dairy free alternative, (I used almond milk),.
- You need 1/2 of Vegetable stock cube,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil,.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion chopped finely,.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper to season.
- It’s of To serve:.
- You need 2 rashers of crispy fried bacon (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crème fraiche or fat free quark,.
- You need 1 of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,.
- You need of Fresh parsley leaves,.
- It’s of Salt and ground black pepper to season.
- It’s of Equipment Needed:.
- You need 1 of hand blender / blender.
It's closely related to cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale and. Overview Information Broccoli is a vegetable. The parts that grow above the ground are used to make medicine. Broccoli is used for high cholesterol, fibromyalgia, preventing several types of.
Broccoli & Asparagus Soup instructions
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and stir through to dissolve. Add to a saucepan over a high heat and then place in all of the brocolli stalks. Bring to a boil and cook for around 7 minutes. Next add in the florets and continue to boil..
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and once hot sear the asparagus and the chopped onion until it gets a bit of colour and the asparagus is slightly charred. Remove from the heat. Remove the asparagus, chop it up into smaller pieces and add it in with the brocolli. Set aside the onions for the time being..
- Boil the brocolli until the stalks are nice and soft and the water has reduced down by about half. Season well with salt and a pinch of white pepper to taste..
- Add the cooked onions in with the broccoli and asparagus. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes..
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, blend until nice and smooth and no large lumps remain. Add in half the milk and blend again until a smoother texture is achieved. Add the remaining milk, blend one final time until velvety smooth..
- For the garnish I like to fry up some bacon until crispy, then sprinkle on top with some crème fraiche or fat free quark, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then a few sprigs of fresh parsley leaves. Then a final grind of black pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!.
Broccoli is a sun-loving, cool-season crop that is best grown in the spring or fall. It's also incredibly healthy and has been dubbed the "crown jewel of nutrition." Here's how to plant, grow, and harvest broccoli in the garden! Broccoli is worth growing for its nutritional content alone. This cole crop is rich in vitamins and minerals. Do you still make the same face you did as a child when presented with a plate of broccoli?