Curried chicken & grits 🌶🌶🌶. In this family-friendly chicken curry dish, thinly sliced chicken breasts are sautéed with curry powder and simmered in an aromatic, slightly sweet curry sauce thickened with Greek yogurt. Rely on our all-star roundup of popular chicken curry recipes for creative twists on familiar favorites. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil.
In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Coriander, cumin, turmeric, fennel seeds, cinnamon, pepper, ground mustard, ground cloves, cayenne pepper and salt – these spices build incredible flavor in this dish. You can cook Curried chicken & grits 🌶🌶🌶 using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curried chicken & grits 🌶🌶🌶
- It’s of For curried chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 pack of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder (I prefer jamaican curry).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumming powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet pepper, or any hot pepper you got.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chop bell pepper (preferably the green one).
- Prepare of Chicken stock.
- It’s of For Grits.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of old fashion grits.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth/ chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 stick of garlic herb butter or your fav butter.
Together they create a homemade curry blend. Olive oil – used for sautéing.; Fresh onion, garlic and ginger – these aromatics add a key depth of flavor.; Low-sodium chicken broth – to. A creamy chicken and broccoli casserole with a hint of curry flavor has a topping of melted cheese and crisp corn flake crumbs for a dish even picky kids will enjoy. Use a store-bought roasted chicken to make it easy.
Curried chicken & grits 🌶🌶🌶 step by step
- For curried chicken: cut chicken thighs in cubes, add all powder seasonings and rub unto the chicken. Let marinate for a few minutes. Pour cooking oil in frying pan and heat then add chicken and sauteed for 10mins, add 7 cups of chicken stock and cover. Let cook until chicken is tender. Then add chopped onions, scotch bonnet pepper, bell pepper. Add 1 cup of water and cover. Let simmer for another 5mins.
- For grits: cook grits according to package except instead of using water use chicken stock. Once grits is cooked stir in butter, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper..
- Serve and enjoy. Garnish with parsley flakes..
A very good chicken curry recipe. The use of all the condiments reminds me of our family's old Bombay Beef Curry recipe. Here, we also add chopped hard boiled eggs, raisins, and extra chopped raw. Chicken Curry is a rich and aromatic dish that my whole family loves!. Tender chicken in a flavorful sauce is served over white rice.