Asian-Style Coleslaw. This Asian-style recipe coleslaw uses pre-packaged coleslaw mix and ramen noodles as well as an artificial sweetener in the dressing for a delicious alternative to the creamy summertime classic. Mix in large bowl coleslaw, green onion, sunflower seeds, almonds, and broken up ramen noodles In a small bowl mix oil, sugar, vinegar and the beef flavoring from ramen noodles Mix the oil mixture with the coleslaw mixture and serve. This is a very crunchy, very satisfying coleslaw with ramen noodles, cabbage, toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
Combine coleslaw mix, green onions, ramen noodles (set aside seasoning packet for the dressing), almonds, and sunflower nuts in a salad bowl. Advertisement Here's an Asian slaw recipe without all the greasy mayonnaise. It's well-liked by the people who've tried it. You can have Asian-Style Coleslaw using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian-Style Coleslaw
- Prepare of Salad.
- It’s 8 of Green Onions.
- Prepare 32 oz of Cabbage Coleslaw Mix.
- You need 1 cup of Red Onion.
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Asian sesame oil or canola oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper.
A bit of sugar mellows the tangy Asian coleslaw dressing. —Alta Goodman of Canton, South Dakota Crisp and fresh with a light citrus dressing, this Easy Asian Style Coleslaw is the perfect addition to any summer cookout. The crunchiness of the noodles and nuts really adds something special to the light, fresh taste of this slaw. In a container with a tight lid, combine the oil, sugar, and vinegar with seasoning. Add the vegetable oil and the toasted sesame oil and whisk until nicely smooth.
Asian-Style Coleslaw instructions
- Thinly slice the onions, and toss with the cabbage..
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until the sugar is dissolved and the dressing is smooth..
- Toss together the salad and dressing and serve..
Whisk in the seasoned rice vinegar and do a taste test. Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large bowl. Add chicken, coleslaw mix and green onions. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE- This Asian slaw with ginger peanut dressing is delicious on its own or paired with any Asian-style chicken, fish or pork dish.