Tofu and Vegetables. Tofu is a great soy based vegetarian food that adds protein to this comforting yet healthy lunch dish. Peanut sauce is a great addition to stir-fries, chicken or tofu, and vegetable dishes. Vegetable and Tofu Stir-fry. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Tofu With Vegetables Recipe available @https Eggplant Recipes-Tofu Recipes-How To Cook Tofu-Eggplant. Pan Sear the tofu with oil, salt and pepper. Feel free to use a wok or skillet! You can have Tofu and Vegetables using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tofu and Vegetables
- Prepare of Firm tofu, a brick of size 5cm x 5cm x 7cm.
- You need 100 g of fine green beans.
- Prepare 10 of baby corns.
- Prepare 200 g of asparagus.
- It’s 100 g of tenderstem broccoli.
- It’s 50 g of snow peas.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 300 g of mushrooms.
- Prepare of Olive oil (for frying).
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce.
- It’s of Sweet chilli sauce.
Take your time here and get it golden and crispy! Tasty healthy Szechuan Tofu and Veggies! Why This Roasted Tofu With Vegetables Is So Good. The perfect mix of crunchy and creamy textures.
Tofu and Vegetables instructions
- Boil water in a pan. Break off asparagus' stems and discard them. Put asparagus in the boiling water along with snow peas, green beans, baby corn and the broccoli. Let it cook for 4 minutes, then drain and set aside..
- Finely cut the onions, heat up the frying pan to medium-high, add some olive oil and fry the onions for a couple of minutes until golden. Set the onions aside..
- Wipe the mushrooms with a wet kitchen towel (so that they don't absorb water), cut them to your liking and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until golden. Sprinkle with black pepper just before turning, and add a bit more oil if needed. Set aside..
- Cut the bell pepper into long stripes, and fry it for about 5 minutes..
- Cut the tofu into long stripes (think of thick french fries). Make sure there is a bit of oil remaining in the pan, and fry the tofu stripes on one side for 1 minute (just to make it crispy on that side). Turn it to another side for 1 minute..
- Now, sprinkle the tofu with black pepper and pour about 2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce on top, so that the tofu absorbs some flavour before the sides get crispy. Fry for a minute and a half on each of the two remaining sides..
- Throw everything (boiled vegetables and fried mushrooms, onions and bell pepper) into the frying pan. Pour 3 tbsp of teriyaki sauce and 3 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce on top (or change the amount based on your taste), and generously sprinkle with black pepper. Stir and move everything around for 5 minutes..
- Put the mixture onto two plates making sure to drain extra oil and teriyaki sauce at the bottom. enjoy!.
This easy tofu stir fry is a simple combination of tofu, a variety of vegetables, and a mixture of soy sauce, lemon juice, and ginger. After the tofu is pressed it marinates in the sauce and then is stir-fried. A simple Tofu and vegetable stew recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Looking for the best tofu recipes? Try our easy tofu recipes including how to cook tofu.