Curry Fried Chicken. Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. You will love this curried fried chicken recipe and I make it easy for you with simple, step-by-step directions.
Check out my video tutorial for this easy fried chicken recipe! Well that's the main staple at Curry Fried Chicken – fabulously crunchy and delicious juicy fried chicken, with a hint of sweetness and spice from curry spices. In addition to the CFC there's plenty more to sample from great wraps and imported sodas. You can have Curry Fried Chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry Fried Chicken
- You need 750 grams of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Let me tell you – this southern fried chicken recipe is lengthy and time consuming. But trust me it's all worth it. Like Jamie says, this fried chicken recipe is perfect weekend soul food. And you can easily plan it ahead and make a great treat for weekend.
Curry Fried Chicken step by step
- Mix all the ingredients except cornstarch. Put in the refrigerator overnight..
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer to 350°F..
- Add the cornstarch to the chicken. Mix well..
- Fry the chicken until they are fully cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on how big the chicken pieces are..
In a small bowl, mix together the curry, chili, onion and garlic powders, poultry seasoning, celery seed or ground cardamom and lime zest, and set aside. Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner. Tender boneless, skinless chicken pieces simmer in a sauce flavored with coconut milk, ginger, green onions, fish sauce, and soy sauce. To marinate: In a non-porous glass dish or bowl, combine the garlic, oyster sauce and curry powder. Add fried chicken pieces to this and mix well.