Cheesy potato poppers. Cheesy Jalapeno Potato Poppers are happy food at our house. This delicious appetizer/finger food is made from leftover mashed potatoes which takes some doing in our house full of mashed potato lovers, let me tell you. Cheesy Potato Poppers – croquettes recipe is ultimate perfect bite – crispy, spicy, cheesy and yummy!!
This EASY potato casserole recipe takes all the ingredients from jalapeno poppers and adds extra cheese and spices. The end result is a fantastic side dish that is satisfying comfort food. Frozen Diced Potatoes with peppers and onions; fresh. You can cook Cheesy potato poppers using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy potato poppers
- It’s 2 cups of cold mashed potatoes seasoned.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped bacon.
- It’s 16 cubes of quick-melt cheese.
- You need 2 of beaten eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of panko vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sour cream (optional).
Close the mashed potatoes around the cheese and roll into a ball. Combine potatoes and olive oil in ziploc bag and toss to coat. Use paring knife and cut a circle just inside of the edge of the cut side of the potato. Using a melon baller remove the guts of the potato and place in a bowl.
Cheesy potato poppers instructions
- Salt and pepper mashed potatoes if they are not already seasoned. Add 1/4 cup of chopped chives and 1/4 cup of bacon, stir until combined..
- Scoop out a golf-ball-sized portion of potato, flatten in your hand and add 1 cheese cube. Close the mashed potatoes around the cheese and roll into a ball. Continue with all mashed potatoes. Roll balls into 1/3 cup flour, then in 2 beaten eggs, and then in 1 cup of panko until completely coated..
- Place the balls into the freezer for about an hour, or until firm..
- Heat vegetable oil in deep sauce pan, enough to fully cover balls, to 350*F. Carefully lower balls into hot oil, fry until golden brown, about four minutes. Serve with sour cream..
- I just used deep fryer and butter flavored crisco and used 5 real potatoes for the mashed potatoes and boiled the potatoes for 40 minutes.
In a large bowl mix together mashed potato bacon, chives, salt, pepper and cheese until smooth. Spread onto a large sheet lined with foil and press into an even layer. EASY VEGAN POTATO JALAPENO POPPERS RECIPE Learn how to make this dish! Bursting with fresh cheese curds and gravy and topped with crispy bacon and chives, these little poppers are the perfect appetizer or mini meal!