Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. spiderbrad.
And accompanied by a delicious wild shantrell mushroom risotto. Brad's crock pot goat with Polynesian sauce. For anyone that is doubtful about this recipe, this came out super tender and very flavorful. You can cook Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
- You need of For the sauce.
- It’s 2 jars of apricot pineapple preserves.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, diced.
- You need 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- You need 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of white vinegar.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of LG clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of For the prawns.
- Prepare 2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- Prepare 1 pkg of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of dry tempura batter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- It’s 1 cup of ap flour.
- You need of Lemon slices for garnish.
Goat is a very delicate flavor way less gamy than lamb. And way better for you than beef. It definitely deserves the title of the most commonly. Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce instructions
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt..
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl..
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
The waft of coconut on a cold morning is a nice way to remind us of warmer times and places. See great recipes for beef noodles with spinach and coconut/curry vinaigrette too! Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. I'm not gonna lie, when I first spotted these on the menu of the restaurant I used to work at, I Using a small knife cut the prawns down the back, but do. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked through and lightly browned.