Creamy Pork Pot Pie.
You can cook Creamy Pork Pot Pie using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pork Pot Pie
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 2-3/4 pound of porkloin.
- It’s 1-3/4 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of carrots.
- It’s 2 of large leeks.
- It’s 8 ounces of your favorite mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of smoked bacon cut small.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 6 ounces of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Thickening Paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Pie crust.
- You need 4 cups of all purpose flour + more for dusting.
- It’s 2/3 cup of butter flavored shortening very cold.
- You need 1 stick of butter very cold.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth very cold.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Creamy Pork Pot Pie instructions
- Wash and dice the potatoes. Slice the carrots and mushrooms..
- Wash the leeks and slice thinly. Slice the bacon and fry. Cut the pork into bite sized pieces. Add the pork to the bacon and it's drippings..
- When the pork is seared, add the vegetables and mushrooms. Add salt to the flour and mix well..
- Grate the butter and shortening. Add to the flour and salt. Work it into the flour making it look like wet sand..
- When the flour, butter, and shortening is mixed add in the chicken broth. Mix and knead it. Roll 2/3 out big enough to fit a 9×13 pan..
- Fix the crust into the pan up on the sides to. Mix the olive oil and flour. Pour into the filling..
- Mix it well. Now add the chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer 3 minutes stirring constantly..
- Spoon the mixture into the crust. Roll out the top and put over the pot pie. Cut slits into the top. This allows steam to escape..
- Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.