You can cook Homestead Hash using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homestead Hash
- Prepare 1 of small potato or sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 slice of bacon.
- It’s 8 of Brussel sprouts.
- You need 1 tbsp of Duck fat.
- It’s 1 of Duck egg.
- You need of Himalayan pink salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
Homestead Hash instructions
- Heat duck fat (or bacon fat or grass-fed butter/ghee) in cast iron skillet..
- Chop brussel sprouts and potatoes into small pieces, to your preference. Smaller cooks faster. And toss in skillet..
- Chop bacon and add to pan..
- Chop garlic, and set aside until potatoes and brussel sprouts have cooked through. Add to pan and stir frequently until garlic is brown..
- Cook duck egg in separate pan to your preference. I use a small egg pan and cook my egg in Kerrygold over easy so I can pop my yolk over my hash. Poached egg would also be great..
- Salt and pepper to taste. Transfer hash to plate. Top with egg..
- (Optional Adjustment) If you're increasing the quantity to serve a whole family, instead of cooking your eggs separately, make little "bowls" in the hash for each egg. Simply crack the eggs into the hollows, cover the pan, and let the eggs cook to your preference and serve..