Goan fish curry. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India. My Goan fish curry dish is a packed full of flavour yet quick and simple to make.
This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food. Goan fish curry blends together spices and coconut to bring out the mild sweetness of the tender fresh fish that is so abundant in Goa and around the coast of India. Learn how to make Goan Fish Curry recipe at home from The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried. You can have Goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Goan fish curry
- It’s 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- It’s 2 of mild red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 580 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- You need 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
Goan Fish Curry is an authentic curry recipe prepared. Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices. I came across this Goan fish curry from the Instagram handle of Chef Floyd Cardoz. There are several curries which can be made by this delectable fish but this recipe is Though in the modern times, quite a few Goans have had to leave their land in search of.
Goan fish curry instructions
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
Slice, clean and salt the fish and keep the fish aside. All about Fish Curry Rice from Goa. Includes Hotel, Restaurant, fish Thali, plate, price. Goan fish curry recipe made with golden anchovies , recipe comes from mothers treasure-bank! This is a traditional goan curry made with fish called mandeli.