Fried Macaroni and cheese balls. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the macaroni mixture from the refrigerator, and, using a cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Cook the macaroni according to package instructions.
You can shape the Mac & Cheese into meatball sized balls, like I did, or make them smaller and call them Fried Mac & Cheese bites. Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Pour water into a bowl and bring to a boil over high heat. You can have Fried Macaroni and cheese balls using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Macaroni and cheese balls
- It’s 1 pkg of Mac and cheese mix.
- You need 2 T of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 C of milk.
- It’s 1 C of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 3/4 C of pimento cheese spread.
- It’s 1 C of Italian cheese blend, shredded.
- It’s 2 C of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 T of milk.
- Prepare 4 C of peanut oil for frying.
Stir in macaroni pasta from dinner package. To get the crunchy cheese ball party started, he made my recipe for The Best Homemade Mac 'n Cheese, minus the bread crumb topping, and refrigerated it overnight so the macaroni and cheese would solidify and the balls would hold together while frying. Dip balls into egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Everybody loves macaroni and cheese, and it makes a tasty snack or a yummy meal any time of the day.
Fried Macaroni and cheese balls step by step
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the macaroni, return to boil. Cook uncovered for about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in 2T butter, 1/4C milk, cheese packet from package..
- While the macaroni is hot, stir in cheddar cheese, pimento cheese, Italian cheese, until melted. Place macaroni mixture in refrigerator for at least 4 hours..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove mac balls from refrigerator and use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls. Put the balls on the baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours..
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350°..
- Whisk breadcrumbs with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, and cayenne in a shallow dish; set aside..
- Beat the eggs with the 3T milk in a small bowl. Remove Mac balls from freezer, coat in the egg wash, and dredge in breading..
- Fry the Mac balls in small batches until golden 3-5 minutes. Drain briefly on a paper towel- lined plate; serve hot..
As delicious as macaroni and cheese is already, you can make it an even more decadent treat by forming the pasta into balls, coating it with bread crumbs, and frying them to make deep fried macaroni and cheese balls. Fried Mac and Cheese Balls – crispy on the outside, creamy and soft on the inside. That was four days ago and at the time we thought the plant was a goner but noticed today it has a new small zucchini on it. Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Balls If you are looking for some recipes for the Big Game this weekend- Mac and Cheese balls should be on the top of your list. Crunchy out side- Cheese goodness on the inside.