Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. There are not enough words in the English language to tell you how much I love fried green tomatoes. And I am also the poster child for Bacon Addicts Anonymous. Thus, the Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwich was born.
Dip the tomato slices in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the. This sandwich really shows off the tomatoes' flavor by using light panko bread crumbs as a coating. The roasted red pepper mayo is the perfect finishing touch. You can cook Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- You need 2 of large green tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- Prepare strips of Cooked bacon.
- It’s of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- Prepare of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- Prepare of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- Prepare of Dried chopped onion.
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need of Black pepper (ground).
- Prepare of Seasoning Salt.
- It’s of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Optional Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need slices of Swiss cheese.
A fried green tomato BLT combines two classic foods into one comfort food sandwich. Fried green tomatoes and a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich become an epic Fried Green Tomato BLT. Topped with Cajun mayo spread, this will become your new favorite sandwich recipe! When I first moved to Seattle, someone told me that I would never be able to grow tomatoes.
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders step by step
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
I remember one year I Place buttermilk and flour mixture in shallow bowl. Dip tomatoes in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Serve tomatoes on Texas toast with mayonnaise, bacon and lettuce. If you haven't tried fried green tomatoes, this is your opportunity. I think you will find that you love fried green tomatoes as much as I do!