Lauren's Taco Soup. This Taco Soup Recipe is healthy, hearty, easy and delicious, it will make you want to give up tacos completely and commit to just soup! This Taco Soup recipe is a staple at our house! It's one of our favorites, super simple to make, veggie-heavy yet hearty, filling and so yummy!
I prefer soup with vegetables in there. How to thicken Chicken Tortilla Soup. The broth in chicken tortilla soup is flavorful and delicious and a big reason it's so good is because the corn tortillas you stir in end up dissolving and becoming part of the soup and slightly thickening the broth, while adding a delicious corn flavor. You can have Lauren's Taco Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Taco Soup
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves (I use about 8) yes, I'm a garlic fiend.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning mix.
- Prepare 3 (15 oz) of cans tomatoes (I use diced and fire roasted).
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans, drained.
- You need 1 can of black beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn.
If you'd like a thicker soup, try stirring in a little masa (the corn flour used for making corn. Taco soup is soup that is made with similar ingredients to what you might find inside a traditional taco, like ground beef, beans, corn, green chilis, and spices. This taco soup really is a dinner win! It's EASY to throw together with simple ingredients, and everything is cooked all in ONE PAN.
Lauren's Taco Soup instructions
- Brown hamburger meat, garlic and onion in a 6 qt soup pot. Drain off any remaining grease..
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for at least 20 minutes. I also throw a hand full of shredded taco cheese in the pot and let it melt. Serve hot with garnishes..
- Notes: I sometimes add more tomatoes, sauce, corn and beans so I can have leftovers..
- Optional garnishes: tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese or green onions..
Lauren's Taco Soup From my family to yours. Taco night will look different at our house from now on. Once I made these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, I don't know if I can go back to the normal way of using ground beef… and that's hard for me to say because I would usually prefer beef over chicken every time. See great recipes for Hillbilly Taco Soup, Taco Soup, Chicken Taco Soup too! My mom makes the best taco soup and I love her recipe so with an addition of extra beans and the chickpeas I found a winner.