Beef, Mash, and Gravy. For our family, it is mashed potatoes and gravy with any kind of meat. We love comfort dishes that are a mix of protein with a side of Next time you feel like you are in the mood for a comfort food dish, I highly recommend giving Beef Tips and Gravy with Mashed. Bangers and Mash is the familiar term for Sausage and Mash, a favorite British and Irish dish.
This Beef Tips & Gravy Meal is one that my family loves. It's delicious, easy to prepare and cost effective, too. Sausage with Onion Gravy and Mashed Potato – affectionately known as "Bangers and Mash" – is one of the greatest of all comfort foods. You can have Beef, Mash, and Gravy using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef, Mash, and Gravy
- It’s of Beef.
- You need 2 pounds of Sirloin beef.
- Prepare 2-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Mash.
- It’s 2 pound of potatoes russet.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s As needed of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 10 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- It’s of Gravy.
- It’s 1 of medium bell pepper green.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 quart of beef broth.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of beef trimmings.
- Prepare 1/2 of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
Bangers and mash are a British pub classic, a combination of fatty pork sausages with buttery potatoes that's perfect for soaking up an afternoon's worth of ale. A rich onion gravy is the sauce that holds the whole thing together, ideally made with homemade beef stock.. With Mashed Potatoes, Ground Beef Stew Over Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Mini Swedish Meatballs With Mashed Potatoes. While I was growing up, this is the dinner Mom let me make once a week.
Beef, Mash, and Gravy step by step
- Wash the bell pepper and char it over a flame..
- Peel, wash, and cut the potatoes into chunks. Put into a pot of water just enough to cover it. Add salt and bring to a boil..
- Take the pepper off the fire and put into a ziploc bag. Trim off the tough membrane and connecting tissue..
- Scrape the pepper. Cut the stem part off. Then dice the peppers..
- Fry the the trimmings in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the beef with salt and pepper. When the trimmings are cooked chop into little pieces..
- Sear the beef in the oil and butter mixture. Turn after 7 minutes. Check your potatoes if fork tender remove from heat and drain..
- When both sides are seared on each side remove and place in a hot cast iron skillet. Turn to low heat turn every 7 minutes. Add pepper to the butter and oil mixture. Sauté till tender. Dice the onion. Sauté for 7 minutes..
- Add the flour and another tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Keep turning the beef..
- Stir the flour well cook 7 minutes then add the beef broth. Stir often it will start thickening..
- When all the bits/ goodies are off the bottom of pan add the red wine vinegar. Stir till thick as you like then remove from heat..
- Drain the potatoes add butter and evaporated milk. Then whip them till nice and creamy..
- The steak are to my desired doneness. Add mash to a plate make a crater and fill with gravy. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Now when I prepare it for my family, I'm reminded of happy times with Mom in the kitchen.—Diane Krasley, Graterford, Pennsylvania. Irish-style bangers (sausages) and mash (potatoes) are served with a red wine-onion gravy for a traditional and comforting meal. Serve the burger on top of the mashed potatoes and generously pour some of the onion gravy on the top. Try this beef gravy recipe on your favorite roast, vegetables, or mashed potatoes. Mashed Potatoes and Brown Gravy Recipe