Vegetarian Zucchini Chili. In a Dutch oven, cook zucchini, onions and peppers in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Veggie Chili One of my favorite meatless marvels in the world! Heat the oil in a large chili pot.
This is a pretty good chili recipe. Tasty vegetarian friendly and full of vegetables! The great thing about vegetarian chili recipes like this one is that they are incredibly versatile: I sometimes omit the mushrooms or sometimes the bell peppers, even, so if you really like zucchini, go ahead and add in one or two extra, and just cut back on one of the other vegetables – up to you! You can have Vegetarian Zucchini Chili using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Zucchini Chili
- Prepare 2 small of onions, diced.
- Prepare 2 of zucchini/courgettes, chopped into half moons.
- Prepare 1 of big red pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 of big tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 500 grams of black beans.
- It’s 1 of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Tabasco.
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers. In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil then add onion, bell pepper, and carrots.
Vegetarian Zucchini Chili step by step
- To peel the tomatoes, pour boiling water over them; the heat will soften their skin so you will be able to peel them easily with your hands. Chop the tomatoes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pot, then add onions. Stir for a minute then add zucchini and red pepper.
- Just before the onions burn, add garlic and chopped and peeled tomatoes. Add between 1 and 2 cups of water and the bay leaf. Cover the pot.
- Bring the stew to a boil and add salt and pepper and tomato paste. Uncover the pot to let the simmering water evaporate.
- When courgettes are nearly cooked through (15-30 min), add beans. As they warm through, add chili flakes, cayenne, paprika and parsley.
- Take off heat and enjoy with some Tabasco :).
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. In lg pot, saute zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. In nonstick Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.