Jamaican Christmas Cake. A Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete without traditional Jamaican Christmas Fruit cake. This dark and spongy cake is a labor of love that is rich in flavors from rum soaked fruits. Jamaican cake is a deliciously spiced, warming bake that is perfect for the colder months.
The Traditional Jamaican Black Cake is preferred and baked by most Jamaicans during the Christmas season. As with cooking, every Jamaican has a slightly different recipe which still turns. Jamaican Christmas cake, which is also referred to as Jamaican black cake has long been the most popular Jamaican dessert in Jamaica. You can cook Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of currants.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dates.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- You need 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- Prepare 1 cup of dark molasses.
- You need 2 tbs of browning.
- It’s 1 tbs of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 9 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Jamaican black cake is thought to be derived from the British. A dark, rich fruit cake for wine and fruit lovers! This is a recipe I use at Christmas and for Birthdays. I prefer to use Jamaican Red Label Wine and White Rum.
Jamaican Christmas Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.
But you may use your Favorites. Number One Christmas Fruit Cake ( Jamaican Black Fruit Cake ) RE-UPLOAD_VERSION If the cake dries out, just pour more rum over the top. Preparation/cooking time does not include standing time or the alternative method of. Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe aka 'Jamaican Chrismus Cake'.