Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears. Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, Parmesan, flour, garlic salt, oregano and pepper in a shallow plate. Dip each tomato slice into egg, then into cornmeal mixture. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
These fried green tomatoes were fried with panko breadcrumbs, but you could also use just flour. If you want to oven bake fried green tomatoes, here's a recipe for parmesan crusted oven fried green tomatoes. Southern Fried Green Tomatoes is a classic recipe that are tender and juicy on the inside and crispy and delicious on the outside. You can have Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 medium zucchini.
- You need 1-2 of fresh green tomatoes.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
Add creamy mozzarella cheese and a balsamic drizzle and you will think you've died and gone to heaven!. Panko and Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes. See post on waymorehomemade's site!. then coat with the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture. Fry until golden brown, turning once and being careful to not knock off the breading.
Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears step by step
- Wash and cut tomatoes into slices and zucchini into spears. Mix bread crumbs in a flat mixing bowl or container with seasonings to taste and parmesan in desired amounts. Mix well. Crack eggs into a separate flat container and mix them up with some salt and pepper..
- Heat oil on stovetop in a pan for deep frying or heat your oil in a deep fryer. Dip veggies into egg mixture 1 at a time, and coat well. Next plunge the veggies into the bread crumb mixture and flip to coat well. Drop into oil for 2-5 mins or until deep fried and crispy..
- Remove from fryer and allow to cool on paper towels to drain grease. Serve and Enjoy Alone, with Ranch Dressing, or with Your Favorite Dip!.
Allow to cool slightly and enjoy! Luckily I had some frozen marinara sauce that I had made earlier so the fried green tomato parmesan was as easy as frying the tomatoes, covering them with the marinara sauce and cheese and baking it all until the cheese was nice and melted and golden brown. The tangy fried green tomatoes worked really well in the parmesan dish and I liked the. A nice spin on a southern favorite!!. I didn't measure the dry ingredients.