Turkey Meatballs. Lean turkey meatballs are great stashed in the freezer, so double the recipe. Portion out the meatballs onto a large parchment-lined baking pan and freeze them until firm. Spray a nonstick pan lightly with veggie oil.
Turkey Meatball Recipe Leaner than beef, these Turkey Meatballs are healthy, packed with flavor, and incredibly moist on the inside. A combination of fresh and dried herbs give these meatballs an Italian flare while also providing a balance of flavors. Often for turkey meatballs, we do things to compensate for the dryness, like adding moistened breadcrumbs or egg. You can have Turkey Meatballs using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Meatballs
- Prepare of Ground Turkey.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare of Dried basil.
- It’s of Veganless chicken seasoning (or regular powder chicken bullions).
- Prepare of Panko Bread (any type of bread crumbs is okay).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Sazon. You will need the following:.
- It’s of Sazon.
- Prepare 1 of Red, yellow, and green bell peppers.
- You need 1 of large white onion.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Dried oregano.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
Grated zucchini is an option too. For these turkey meatballs, we skip breadcrumbs and instead get extra moisture from the addition of lots of minced mushrooms, and a little mayonnaise. The mushrooms give the turkey meatballs a meaty. These baked turkey meatballs are perfectly seasoned and exceptionally delicious.
Turkey Meatballs step by step
- Sazon. Okay so I am Caribbean and we cook with fresh ingredients. We make sazon (some call it mojo) with red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, onion, garlic, sweet peppers (this is called gustoso in spanish markets), dried oregano and water. Put all ingredients in the blender This liquified seasoning is amazing on all of your meats. Once done set aside. First picture shows the sazon after it's been done..
- Place ground turkey in a bowl. Add the sazon, panko bread. 1/2 tbsp of dried basil, dried oregano. 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning. Add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Mix well adding more bread if meat mixture is too wet. You want meat that feels dense but still soft..
- After well combined, shape into balls. I use my hands as a guide for how big I want them, but you can use an ice cream scoop if you want uniform shaped ones. Place in the fridge for half hour to let them firm up and also the flavors to mix well into the meat..
- Fried the meat balls in a pan with enough oil. Making sure they don't burn and you turn them on all sides. If you have a deep fryer this works best (I need to invest in one but I'm not a fan of frying that much 🤣).
- This is how they look after fried. These are popular with kids too. Also, we dont really eat them like this, we then cook them in sauce and serve ontop of rice. What I did was place them in my slow cooker after I fried them and added my own sauce and let them slow cook for half hour. They are super delicious and moist. I hope you enjoy..
Topped with a simple herbed gravy, they're impossible to resist. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. In a bowl mix together; green onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. With a fork stir in ground turkey or chicken and. These meatballs were moist and flavorful for a turkey meatball.