Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils. Pork chops seasoned with paprika served over a blend of sour cream, sauerkraut, onions and paprika. Don't be thrown off by the ingredients! I got this recipe from my aunt and was skeptical at first, but now it is one of my family's favorites.
A simple dusting of paprika and a bit of salt give pork chops a nice little kick of flavor with minimal effort. Dedicated locavores should also know that paprika pairs particularly well. Simple and flavorful, this Pork Tenderloin with Peach Mint Sauce is a winner for dinner! You can have Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils using 26 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils
- It’s of Peach Purée.
- It’s 1 cup of Peaches, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt, plain.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Orange Peel.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White Wine.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Mint Leaves.
- Prepare of Lentils.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 cup of brown lentils (dry).
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 (13 oz.) of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- You need 4 of Sweet Peppers.
- You need 1 of Jalapeño Pepper.
- Prepare of Pork Chops.
- You need 4 of pork chops.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of fine sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable or canola oil.
- You need of Lentils.
While tenderloin is cooking, dice the peaches. Add the peaches, mint, lemon juice and cinnamon in a small food processor and blend until smooth. For the pork: Rinse pork chops and pat dry. Cut peaches in half, stone and dice slightly larger.
Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils step by step
- Mix ingredients into blender and purée. Refrigerate until ready to use..
- Pat the pork chops thoroughly dry with paper towels..
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, salt, and pepper..
- Sprinkle both sides of all the pork chops evenly with the spice mixture. Set aside the chops while you prepare the pan..
- Mince the garlic, grate the ginger, and dice the onion. Add the olive oil, garlic, and ginger to a deep skillet, Dutch oven, or soup pot. Sauté the garlic and ginger over medium heat for 1 minute, or just until the garlic becomes soft and fragrant.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and continue to sauté over medium until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the curry powder and continue to sauté for about one minute more to toast the spices..
- Add the dry lentils and vegetable broth to the skillet. Stir to dissolve any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Place a lid on top, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring the broth to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After simmering for 20 minutes the lentils should be tender and most of the broth absorbed. Add the can of coconut milk and stir to combine. Turn the heat back up to medium and allow the skillet to come back up to a simmer. Let it simmer without a lid for an additional 10 minutes, stirring often, to thicken the mixture..
- Once thickened, turn the heat off. Add the fresh spinach and stir gently until the spinach has wilted. Taste the mixture and adjust the salt or curry powder to your liking, if needed. Add the peppers, stir and let rest..
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the surface of the pan is hot, add the oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add the pork chops–they should make a bright sizzling sound immediately upon touching the pan; if they don't, take them out and let the pan and oil get a bit hotter..
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chops, undisturbed, until they're well browned and they release from the pan of their own accord, about 4 minutes. Turn and repeat on the other side..
- Remove the chops from pan and let sit, covered loosely with foil, for about 10 minutes. Serve hot..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Serve pork and mango over cooked couscous and sprinkle with cilantro. The Best Mango Pork Chops Recipes on Yummly Spiced-crusted Ribeye Pork Chop With Mango Sauce, Pork Chops With Creamy Lime Salsa, Caribbean Pork Chops With Mango Salsa. Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Mango SalsaThis Mama Loves. Transform a can of humble peas into a delicious side dish for your pork chops.