Chinese meatballs. These saucy Asian meatballs are some of my favorites!!! I first made them a few months ago when I was experimenting with multiple meatball recipes to serve for a fundraiser. And when my friends graciously "helped me out" with some taste testing, these little guys were the clear winner!
To use, partially thaw in refrigerator. Chinese Pork meatballs are full of all of the flavors you love in Chinese food takeout. Salty, sweet, smoky, charred edges with juicy tender pork inside. You can have Chinese meatballs using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese meatballs
- You need 250 gms of mutton/lamb mince.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of White vinegar.
- You need 3 of Green chillies.
- It’s 1 bunch of Coriander leave.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of Soya sauce.
Asian Meatball Recipe Stove Top Version: In a large dutch oven, heat hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. The meatballs themselves are very well seasoned and just delicious. And the Asian-style glaze is marvelous – sticky, just a little sweet, and very, very flavorful. Here's a list of the ingredients you'll need to make Asian meatballs.
Chinese meatballs step by step
- Chop onion, green chilli & coriander leaves.
- In a mixing bowl add mince along with onion and green chilli..
- Add coriander leaves.
- Add white vinegar and soya sauce mix it well..
- Now add turmeric powder and salt..
- Mix all well..
- Now make small balls from the mixture..
- Now heat water in a wok and place strainer over it (this is for steaming) Grease strainer with some oil..
- Now place all the balls on a strainer and cover it with a lid, cooked for 15 to 20 minutes on a high flame or until balls become soft, juice and tender..
- Once it's done open a lid and check the balls if it's become soft off the flame.
- Now place these balls in a serving bowl topped with Coriander leaves and it's ready to serve..
The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below: Chinese pork meatballs are also called lion's head (狮子头, shi zi tou). They feature tender, moist, and light meatballs with a savory taste. They feature tender, moist, and light meatballs with a savory taste. This is the most easy Chinese meatball recipe with super simple ingredients and a wonderful, fresh dipping sauce. I admit that I love meatballs because most of them are quite simple and super yummy.