Soft white bread. This pillowy white bread recipe will be your new favorite! Straightforward & easy to make, and it bakes up so soft & fluffy! And I'm kicking it off with a basic recipe that you'll love having in your back pocket: white bread!
I've been meaning to put a homemade white bread on this site since last year when I posted it on Instagram! You guys are so patient with me. Hopefully, you will find that this bread was well worth the wait. You can cook Soft white bread using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft white bread
- Prepare 350 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 180 ml of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 10 g of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Butter/margarine for greasing baking equipment.
- It’s of Oil for greasing.
The recipe made one large loaf, the tip of keeping it in the tin was great as my son loves soft white bread, and also managed a tray of cinnamon rolls too, perfect dough as it stays soft and not dry and crumbly like other cinnamon roll doughs i have used in the past. How To Make A Super Soft Milk Bread Loaf This is my standard loaf of white bread, good for anything. I mix it in the bread machine then bake it in the oven.
Soft white bread instructions
- Check your temperature of water to ensure its adequate for activating the dry yeast. Dip your finger in the water and if it is hot enough but not burning your finger,its the right temperature. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve then sprinkle the yeast on the water surface and let is sit for 8-10 minutes until foamy..
- To your flour, add the salt and mix well with a spoon or your finger. Take the now activated yeast mixture and pour into your dry ingredients. Mix very well using a wooden spoon until no more dry flour can be seen. cover with a plastic wrap or tea towel and let is sit undisturbed for 20 minutes. It will have risen a bit after the 20 minutes rest period and you can see the gluten already stretching.
- Lightly flour your work surface and place the now hydrated dough on it and start kneading. Knead for 10-12 minutes until you get a smooth dough that springs back when lightly pressed. The dough will be sticky but do not add too much flour during kneading. Place in a lightly greased bowl and smear some oil on the top of dough to keep it from drying. Cover and let is sit in a warm place for 1 hour to double in size..
- Lightly flour your work surface, punch down the risen dough and roll it out to a rectangle shape using a rolling pin. Using your hands, roll the dough into a sausage shape that is the same size of your baking tin..
- Grease your baking tin and place your shaped dough inside. cover and let is rise for 45minutes in a warm place in your kitchen, until double in size. 15 minutes to the end of the second rising of the dough, pre-heat your oven at 200 degrees Celsius..
- When your timer goes off, bake your bread at the middle rack for 35 minutes. To know if your bread is ready, tap it and if it sound hollow, its ready! immediately transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely before slicing and enjoying your labor of love!.
As with all my bread, I let it cool and then slice the whole loaf and put in a freezer bag and freeze and then I can take whatever I need out and have fresh bread. This does not include machine and rising time. I love a good slice of bread, and homemade fresh, soft white bread right out of the oven is my weakness. We love using this bread recipe for Air Fryer Fried Chicken Sandwiches , as a dipper for Roasted Tomato Soup , or as an appetizer with our easy smoked salmon dip. This homemade soft white bread will make you say goodbye to store-bought bread at the first bite.