"Samsa" or Samosa with chicken. For the samosa: Knead maida with enough water to get a smooth dough. While rolling, dust with rice flour to get crisp samosas. Stuff filling in the rolled out roti and fold like samosa.
In my opinion, some samosas sold in the stores or even served in restaurants, are full of overcooked spices, and the pastry is either tasteless or soggy, which can make anyone refrain from trying this appetizing snack again. An incredible Uzbek Samosa Recipe that is so easy to make. These mini filo dough pies are stuffed with a chicken and potato filling, shaped into triangles and baked until crispy. You can cook "Samsa" or Samosa with chicken using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Samsa" or Samosa with chicken
- It’s 2 sheets of Puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 piece of Chicken fillet.
- Prepare 1 piece of Onion.
- You need 1 piece of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper.
The Mediterranean taste from the seasoning with the chicken and potato filling is phenomenal. Samosas may be served hot or warm, however, many enjoy the savory mini. Finely chop the chicken fillet, onions into small cubes. In a bowl, combine onions, fillet, onions, peppers and cumin.
"Samsa" or Samosa with chicken step by step
- Finely chop the chicken fillet, onions into small cubes..
- In a bowl, combine onions, fillet, onions, peppers and cumin. Mix everything..
- Roll out the dough, cut into quartet pieces..
- The filling should be put in the middle, and the 4 ends of the dough should be joined together..
- Put the samsa on a baking tray. Anoint with egg yolk, sprinkle with sesame seeds..
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180°.
Roll out the dough, cut into quartet pieces. Make five to six such cones. Slip them into hot oil and deep fry on low to medium till light brown. Do not fry on high or the samosas will turn out oily and soggy. Drain on rack or kitchen paper.