Tomato Cream with Meat over Spaghetti Squash. The use of spaghetti squash in this baked spaghetti squash with tomato meat sauce recipe makes it the ideal low-carb dish. Spaghetti squash has a unique feature in that it resembles spaghetti after you cook it and fluff it up with a fork. This creamy and cheesy spaghetti squash casserole is an easy dinner recipe that's also low carb and gluten free.
I was pregnant, tired, on partial bed rest, and needing something a little more substantial than my diet of tortilla chips with sour cream and salsa. This Spaghetti Squash with Tomato-Basil Sauce can be a side dish, or you can add sausage or ground beef to the sauce to turn it into an entree. Parents may need to help out a bit by cutting the hard squash in half, but kids can have fun scraping up strands of spaghetti-like pulp. You can have Tomato Cream with Meat over Spaghetti Squash using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Cream with Meat over Spaghetti Squash
- Prepare 1 of Spaghetti squash.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of cooked Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cooked Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 can of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried tarragon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 bunch of Spinach stems removed.
This delicious baked spaghetti squash recipe with creamy tomato sauce is wholesome and healthy, full of great flavors and textures – it's an irresistible, easy to make weeknight meal. It's one of those great gluten-free, oil-free and absolutely guilt-free comfort foods that everybody seems to love. Halve the squash lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place on a baking sheet, cut-side up.
Tomato Cream with Meat over Spaghetti Squash step by step
- Preheat your oven to 425°F..
- Pet your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape off the excess seeds and thread..
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the spaghetti squash gives when you poke it..
- Once your spaghetti squash is done take it out of the oven to cool..
- Heat up in a large skillet under medium heat, add the coconut milk and tomato sauce and mix together let simmer for about 4 – 5 minutes..
- Now add your cooked meat and sausage and spices..
- Let the meat simmer for a couple of minutes, then add your spinach to the sauce and simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes..
- Use a fork to thread your spaghetti squash and add directly to your meat sauce mixture..
- Mixed together and then plate..
Get more veggies (and fewer calories) in your favorite comfort food recipes. Get the Longest Spaghetti Squash Noodles. Here's how to get the super-long strands of a spaghetti-lover's dreams. Don't miss this stuffed spaghetti squash with spicy shrimp in garlic tomato cream sauce. It has all the flavor and comfort of a hearty low carb and gluten free dish.