Spicy chorizo shrimp grits. Divide grits, chorizo (use a slotted spoon), and shrimp among bowls; drizzle with chorizo oil, top with cilantro, and serve with salsa. CHARLESTON STYLE GRITS: In a large, heavy saucepan bring the water to a boil. Add a generous teaspoon of salt and the grits and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Directions for the grits: Combine the stock, heavy cream, chorizo, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Heat a sauté pan or skillet, add a touch of oil. Sauté jalapeño and diced red onion. You can have Spicy chorizo shrimp grits using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy chorizo shrimp grits
- You need 1 package of small shrimp.
- You need 1 of roll chorizo.
- You need 1 package of summer sausage.
- It’s 1 stick of + 2 tbs butter.
- Prepare of Quick cooking grits.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Bacon bits.
Season to taste and set aside. Cajun Shrimp and Grits – creamy grits with Cajun-seasoned shrimp with bold and spicy seasonings. An elevated classic Southern comfort food! The summer season is winding down, fall is knocking down the front door and soon enough it's the merry holiday season.
Spicy chorizo shrimp grits instructions
- In a pan combine water milk salt pepper stick of butter 1 package bacon bits. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling mix in your grits 2 cups stir till thickened then add cheese and cream cheese and mix till combined well. And set to the side.
- In a skillet add 2tbs butter. Shrimp chorizo and summer sausage cook till done.
- Put grits down first then add the meat mix on top. Waring this will be spicy.
Spicy chorizo shrimp grits This is spicy!! Add Step Add to plan Published by. Kosher salt and cracked black pepper Divide the grits among individual bowls. Top each portion with equal amounts of the onion-chorizo mixture, shrimp and the remaining cheese. Add the paprika, coriander, cumin and salt.