Crispy rice. Get Crispy Rice Recipe from Food Network. If you've been wondering how to add a thin, golden crust to your fluffy white rice without burning the house down, we've got a secret to tell you: It's way. The crispy bits at the bottom of the pan of fried rice are the best, so this dish sounded absolutely divine!
The basics of making crispy rice is pretty straightforward. Any kind of rice will work but if you use freshly cooked rice, you need to make sure you dry it out first (more on that later). Crispy, nutty, flavorful – what more could you want in a rice side dish? You can have Crispy rice using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy rice
- Prepare 2 1/2 of ish cups of water.
- Prepare 1 T of chicken bullion (knorr].
- You need 2 T of butter.
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 T of black or white sesame seeds.
- You need of Chili oil dipping sauce.
We're sick and tired of basic steamed rice. Take your grain game up a notch with this Crispy Rice recipe. It's best served with any kind of creamy chicken casserole, tomato gravy, or sausage and beans. Place the rice in a large bowl, rinse with cold water and drain in a colander until the water runs totally clear.
Crispy rice instructions
- Cook the rice until done..
- Set aside rice.
- Melt 1T butter in med skillet add a few dashes olive oil (the good stuff please!).
- Put about a cup of the cooked rice in the skillet. (think hashbrowns here) fry it (watch carefully) the rice gets stickier gooey and caramelizes… turn over brown crispy chewy on both sides…..
- Sprinkle with a bit of my chili dipping sauce….
Best if served the same day. So plan ahead for your fried rice: Cook your rice the day before and fridge it. This Crispy Persian Rice (Tahdig) with Spiced Golden Chickpeas is the perfect pantry staple recipe. Basmati rice is pan-cooked until a crispy crust has formed on the bottom. Once turned out onto a plate, the top layer has crunchy rice, but underneath is perfectly cooked, deliciously soft and fluffy rice.