Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔. This creamy and mildly spicy slow cooker chicken chili is our family's staple dinner recipe. I make it at least a dozen times over the colder months. It freezes well and leftovers keep for days!
You could substitute the chicken thighs for breasts but cut back on the cooking time a little bit so the chicken doesn't dry out. Now I could call this recipe a double crock pot recipe as the cooked chicken I used in this recipe is actually from our favorite crock pot shredded chicken recipe. You don't have to use that recipe to cook your chicken, any cooked chicken will work, however, we pretty much always keep it on hand, so that is what I tend to use. You can cook Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔 using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔
- You need 1 pack of chicken thighs (boneless, skinless).
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 can (15.5 ounce) of black beans, undrained.
- You need 1 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1 jar (24 ounce) of salsa (your favorite!).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 ounce) of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of Cooked yellow rice.
This Crock Pot Ranch Chicken recipe shines like a star when you need a quick and easy dinner. First of all, it is a crowd pleaser! It is hard to find someone who won't think this recipe is perfectly delicious. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of crock pot.
Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔 instructions
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs…….
- Place thighs into your crockpot…….
- Add to crockpot : garlic, black pepper, oregano,parsley flakes, cumin, black beans, corn, salsa and chicken broth, stir slightly……..
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, stirring occasionally and leaving lid to crockpot partially opened midway thru cooking…….this helps to keep your chicken from becoming too watery as it cooks !.
- Shred chicken thighs lightly with 2 forks when chicken is cooked thru……..
- Serve with cooked yellow rice and enjoy 😉!!.
Pour dry stuffing mix over chicken. Mix sour cream and soup and pour over chicken and stuffing. A simple crock pot recipe for tender chicken. Serve over hot rice or noodles. Tender, flavorful chicken that totally beats take-out.