Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 50 grams of bourbon cream biscuits or oreo cookies – roughly 5 cookies, my free-from recipe link is below.
- It’s 450 grams of stiff buttercream frosting – don't make it too loose. The Betty Crocker brand of vanilla buttercream style frosting is free from gluten, dairy, egg & soy.
- You need 340 grams of white chocolate, see my free-from recipe link below.
- It’s 2 tsp of mint extract.
- You need of green gel food colouring.
Vickys St Patricks Fudge – Grasshopper Pie Style, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put the cookies in a ziplock bag, press the air out, seal it and then beat it with a rolling pin to break them into crumbs. You can use a food processor if you prefer https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360763-vickys-oreo-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Line a swiss roll or jelly roll tin with parchment paper.
- Pat the cookie crumbs evenly into the bottom of the tin.
- Put the buttercream in a large mixing bowl. I would use 350g/12oz butter (gold foil wrapped Stork block margarine is dairy & soy-free) to 675g/1.5lbs powdered sugar if I was making my own for this.
- Mix in the mint extract and a little gel green to make the buttercream a pale pastel green colour.
- Melt the broken chocolate in a microwaveable bowl on high in 30 second increments until done or over a bain marie on the stove https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343048-vickys-homemade-white-chocolate-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Stir it into the buttercream and mix well, it'll start to stiffen very quickly.
- Spoon the mixture over the cookie crumb base and smooth over the top with a wet spoon.
- Top with some chocolate strands if you like. The Dr Oetker ones are free-from. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.