Beef Rendang. Beef Rendang has incredible depth of flavour, with complexity and many layers of spices. This Beef Rendang recipe is from a payroll lady at a company I used to work for. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. You can cook Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang
- Prepare 1 kg of beef (chuck beef).
- It’s 3 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- You need 1 inch of galangal (bruised).
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass (bruised).
- It’s 2 L of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Blended Spices.
- It’s 5 of shallot.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of cayenne pepper (you could add or reduce the amount).
- It’s 4 of candlenut.
- Prepare 2 inch of turmeric.
- It’s 1.5 inch of ginger.
- It’s 1 Tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of coriander powder.
Rendang is a caramelized meat curry dish from West Sumatra, Indonesia. It needs hours of slow cooking until the coconut milk is caramelized and turns into its signature luscious texture. Rendang is one of my favorite dishes. It is the recipe with the most intriguing consequences and rewards. if you get it right.
Beef Rendang instructions
- Prepare all ingredients. Cut beef into 4x4x4cm cubes. Toss the blended spice ingredients to blender. Give small amount of water to blender..
- Heat the wok with medium fire. Add coconut milk, spice mixture, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, galangal, lemongrass and salt. Mix it well. Put beef chunks after the sauce is boiled..
- Slow cook beef with low heat. Simmer it for approximately 4 hours until coconut milk turn into oil and the beef becomes dark brown and tender. Keep stir the beef every 10 minutes while simmering it, so it won't burnt..
- Some say the more you reheat the beef on the next day, the more tasty it gets..
- Beef Rendang is ready to serve with rice ✨.
Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising. This authentic recipe for beef rendang turns out a tender Southeast Asian dish that is full of flavor. This recipe for slow-cooked beef in a rich lemongrass and coconut sauce is well worth the effort. For the rendang paste, place the onion, ginger, galangal, garlic, lemongrass, turmeric and chillies into a.