South Indian filter coffee.
You can cook South Indian filter coffee using 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of South Indian filter coffee
- It’s 4 tea spoon of filter coffee power.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Sugar as required.
South Indian filter coffee instructions
- Take filter coffee vessel. In top part add 4 tea spoon good quality filter coffee powder.
- Place the pressing disc with the handle on the coffee powder..
- Heat 1 cup water in a sauce pan and let it come to a boil..
- When the water comes to a boil, gently pour the water in the top vessel.
- Fill it till ¾ or almost full. since i used 1 cup, the top vessel was almost full with hot water..
- Cover with the lid. wait for 10 to 12 minutes till the coffee decoction percolates in the lower vessel..
- When all of the coffee is brewed, then heat ¾ cup full fat or whole milk till it becomes hot and boils. you can even start heating milk just before all the water percolates..
- Now take a tumbler (glass) and add 2 teaspoons sugar in it..
- Add ¼ to ⅓ cup hot boiling milk directly in the tumbler while straining it..
- Now pour ¼ cup or ⅓ cup of the brewed coffee. you can add less or more or as much as you like..
- Now take dabarah or davara. this is a small pan shaped vessel that is used to cool the coffee. the coffee is poured back and forth from the tumbler to the davara and so on. thus the sugar dissolves and a top layer of foam forms on the coffee. pour the coffee from the tumbler from a height in the davara..
- Repeat again pouring coffee in the davara from the tumbler and vice versa. you can do this process 2 to 3 times..
- Serve filter coffee hot. it needs to be served immediately as soon as its made..