Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb. Just made our favorite grilled butterflied leg of lamb yesterday. A butterflied leg of lamb, which cooks quickly and evenly on the grill, has been split down the center, then unfolded and spread open to resemble a butterfly. Butterflied leg of lamb can sometimes get a little unwieldy.
The uniform thickness of a butterflied boneless leg of lamb makes it extremely simple to cook and serve. Season the lamb with salt and pepper; do not scrape off the garlic or rosemary. Grill the lamb over a hot fire, turning often, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in each. You can have Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
- It’s of For the Marinade:.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Rosemary (dried, chopped if fresh).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 5 Tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 of large cloves of garlic,. minced.
- You need 3 tablespoons of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional).
- You need 1 of butterflied leg of lamb, 4-5 lbs.
The flavor of this grilled butterflied leg of lamb is amazing!. The overnight herb rub soaks into the meat giving each bite notes of rosemary and garlic and oregano and mint. The fire of the grill chars the meat producing a beautiful crust on the outside while cooking the meat perfectly on the inside. This leg of lamb recipe from the American Lamb Board is an excellent way to grill up a leg of lamb without a rotisserie and without having to worry about drying out the lamb before the center gets cooked.
Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb instructions
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large plastic bag that contains the lamb (I usually add them to the still frozen lamb and leave in the fridge for 24 hours, turning the bags occasionally), otherwise, marinade for 6 – 12 hours.
- Heat the grill to 500 – 600 degrees F (260 C – 300 C).
- Add the lamb, discarding the marinade.
- Cook 15-20 minutes for medium rare or more according to how you like the meat. But medium rare – medium is perfect for grilled lamb.
- Serve on heated plated..
Typically a boneless leg of lamb is already butterflied, but you want to make sure that it has a uniform thickness, so it will cook evenly. Butterflied leg of lamb takes specially well to be cooked on the grill. In this recipe the lamb is first butterflied, and smeared with an herby paste, and then rolled back up and tied. What this does is allow the seasonings to be distributed on the inside of the roast as well as the outside. Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Fresh Mint Sauce This recipe for grilled lamb is tailor-made for dining alfresco with family and friends on a fine spring evening.