Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken. Smoky and spicy this Mexican Grilled Chipotle Chicken is bathed in the most flavorful marinade. Grill the chipotle chicken ahead and reheat on busy weeknights, or store it in the flavorful chipotle marinade, then fire up the grill after work. Serve it up with Mexican Slaw or use in this healthy bowl, or salads, tacos, or pasta.
Add chopped onion, chopped cilantro, paprika, ground cumin, chili powder, and salt. This chicken is grilled after being marinated in a spicy marinade. The chipotle chiles give the marinade its smoky flavor. You can have Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2 ounce of lime juice- fresh squezzed is best.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves, finley chopped.
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 3 Tablespoon of chipotle in adobo -pureed (I do a 7 ounce can in the food processor).
- You need 6-10 pieces of boneless chicken thighs (you can use breast however thighs stay juicer:).
You can increase the heat to your liking with your favorite hot sauce. Habanero hot sauce works best, as very little is needed to increase the heat without changing the flavor of the marinade. The perfection of Chipotle Mexican Grill, made even more perfect because you get to eat it in the comfort of your own home, whenever you want it. Chipotle Chicken is tender and juicy, packed with flavor, and perfect on everything.
Grilled Chipotle Adobo Chicken step by step
- Note if you double the marinade recipe you can use use half to marinate with and the other half to brush on the chicken as you grill..
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. If you like it spicier add a little more of the chipotle in adobo puree..
- Trim off excess fat from the chicken thighs-you do not need to get ride of all fat:).
- Place the chicken and the marinade in a gallon zip-lock bag and marinate for 6 hours to overnight. More time gives better flavor..
- I like to grill over charcoal (best) or gas until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degree F. That being said if you only have an oven this can be baked at 350 degree F.until it reaches the appropriate temperature of 170 degree F..
- Let sit for 10 minutes after cooking and thinly slice. You may want to squeeze a little lime and adjust salt to your taste..
And whether you want to grill it, sauté it, or bake it in the oven, I've got all your options covered! Remove chicken from marinade and place on preheated grill. Now add the honey to RESERVED marinade and baste chicken. Immediately flip chicken and baste the unbasted side. To prep our grilled chicken, we marinate it overnight in our smoky, spicy chipotle pepper adobo, and then grill it until it's perfectly charred with a subtle caramelized flavor.