Vietnamese style Beef and Tomato ‘Pasta’. Great recipe for Vietnamese style Beef and Tomato 'Pasta'. I think this is called "Bo Ne Xao" in Vietnamese. It's one of their east meets west creations but not commonly found in a restaurant.
It's one of their east meets west creations but not commonly found in restaurant. The pasta is an interesting feature but is treated more like a stir fried noodle in method. On very low hear, add tomato paste, and season the macaroni with salt, sugar, chicken stock, soy sauce and oyster sauce. You can have Vietnamese style Beef and Tomato ‘Pasta’ using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese style Beef and Tomato ‘Pasta’
- Prepare of Marinated Beef.
- It’s 250 g of Beef (porterhouse steak).
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s of Pasta.
- Prepare 200 g of pasta (macaroni or spirals).
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cucumber.
Turn the heat to high and add onion. Then add tomato and the beef. Serve with a side bowl of chili soy sauce and some cucumber, lettuce or tomato. What is Vietnamese Beef Pasta Stir-Fry.
Vietnamese style Beef and Tomato ‘Pasta’ step by step
- Slice beef into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine with all beef marinade ingredients except the oil and set aside in fridge for at least an hour. This can be marinated overnight..
- Cook your pasta per packet instructions in salted water, but remove 1 minute earlier..
- (Whilst the pasta is cooking) Heat up a wok to high, add a tablespoon of oil. When the wok is very hot, add beef and stir fry for a minute or two before removing it. You want to brown the meat but keep it partially rare as it will continue to cook with the pasta later on..
- Add tomato paste to the wok..
- Add cooked pasta, toss to coat in tomato sauce.
- Add beef cubes, stir fry for another minute and serve.
- Garnish plate with freshly sliced tomato and cucumber. Finish with extra black pepper to your taste..
Vietnamese-style beef pasta (nui xao bo) is a stir-fry dish with pasta, beef and onions. You can add different kinds of vegetables for textures and colors. Everything is tossed with a savory stir-fry sauce that also has some sweetness and tanginess. This easy, comforting dish of pasta and ground beef gets its great flavor from lots of garlic, spicy seasonings, and tomatoes. Make the dish with elbow macaroni, mini penne pasta, small shells, or another pasta similar in size.