SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN. Even the pickiest pea soup lover will request this time and again. Thick and well-seasoned, it packs a nutritional punch, plus plenty of fiber and protein. Vegan Split Pea Soup is a hearty mix of green split peas, carrots, celery, onion and green cabbage simmered with flavorful herbs – it's my all-time favorite split pea soup recipe!
This vegetarian split pea soup is made with a touch of liquid smoke in place of the traditional ham. It's a filling, easy plant based meal! Serve this vegan and vegetarian split pea soup with some crusty bread, biscuits (or vegan biscuits), or a simple side salad for a full meal. You can cook SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
- You need 1 lb of split peas.
- Prepare 6 of large carrots.
- Prepare 5 stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded.
- It’s 1 of large (not gigantic) onion.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 9-10 cups of water.
A veggie centric, vegan recipe blog dedicated to making healthy food choices more delicious. This is a classic split pea soup recipe, adapted from Ina Garten's Parker's Split Pea Soup, with heaps of peas simmering alongside red potatoes and carrots. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Serve it up with smoky tempeh crumbles and a slice of crusty bread.
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN step by step
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables..
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low.
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally..
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed..
There is nothing I love more than a comforting steaming bowl of soup. Many of you were enthusiastic about the lentil soup recipe I posted a few weeks back. I like to finish each bowl with a generous drizzle of golden olive oil, a few flecks of lemon zest, and a dusting of smoked paprika to give the soup some. Split pea soup is something Yummy Hubby has mentioned loving when he was growing up and a dinner I've been meaning to make for a long while now. Vegetarian split pea soup may be the least photogenic recipe I have ever posted, but it's so easy, nutritious, and budget-friendly I just had to.